Monday, March 10, 2014

Readings of 2014, February Edition, Part 2

This part will feature one book about creating pretty decent bodies through getting good at doing the simple stuff that yields the highest ROI, and another book about plenty of delicious, physique-wrecking food.

The 4-Hour Body by Tim Ferriss:

This is Tim Ferriss's second book, which is a follow-up to The 4-Hour Workweek(thoroughly enjoyed). What the first book was to the business world, this book is to the fitness world. An opening disclaimer states that what you are learning in the book won't take you to the 99.9%, but will take you rather painlessly from typical out of shape American to looking and performing pretty damn good.

Even though I did really enjoy the book, I wasn't able to derive much use from it,  outside of the rehab/prehab section,  since I have been involved in the fitness lifestyle for such a long time. However, if you are someone just starting out, I would definitely recommend picking up this book.

Momofuku by David Chang:


Pork fat lovers unite, this book is filled with many recipes and stories revolving around uses for the massive surplus of pork fat that Momofuku has as a result of the massive amount of pulled pork(this is now my goto pulled pork recipe) and pork belly for it's wonderful, delicious ramen.

Contrary to most cookbooks, this one feels more like David Chang decided to write a memoir about his hatred for his original jobs, leaving that job to go to culinary school, love and quest for the perfect bowl of ramen, and his underdog-turned-award-winning ramen shop, Momofuku(which I actually got a chance to eat at this past week, unfortunately I was under the weather so couldn't taste much, poor me).

If you have feel any love at all towards pork or ramen, I would definitely pick up a copy of this book; if you don't feel any love towards pork or ramen, I would definitely go see a doctor(contemplated going with jump off a bridge, but that would be rather mean of me).

No comments:

Post a Comment