Monday, June 16, 2014

Wander

"Not all those who wander are lost" - J.R.R Tolkien

I moved out to San Francisco 2 weeks ago, and it has renewed my love with a good wandering session, I actually spend my Sundays doing exactly that.

Wandering is the perfect solution to the problem posed by Seth Godin, in the Problem with Top 40 Radio, where the masses end up making your decisions for you; when you only listen to radio stations that play the top 40 hits, you effectively defer your decision making to others. Yelp has actually done similar things to dining out(eating is probably my favorite thing to do in the world), and it is very easy to fall into the trap of only eating at the highest rated places, taking your decision away from you.

Wander. You might to find the highest rated, but you will find what you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment