Monday, January 13, 2014

Readings of 2013, Part 2

Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus Series(the 3 that were out) by Rick Riordan:

I do really like to mix up my business/philosophical reading with a good dose of easy-reading fiction, and I have to say I feel like Rick Riordan really knocked it out of the park with these series; it is probably the best young adult fiction I have read since Harry Potter.

Granted, I am not a major in Greek or Roman mythology, but Rick Riordan definitely appeared to due his due diligence when it came to ensure accuracy with the myths, as well as some playful twists on them.

The Percy Jackson series centers around Percy Jackson(obviously) and his trials and tribulations with fellow Greek demi-gods. While the Heroes of Olympus Series throws Roman demi-gods into the mix, as well as tells the story from many vantage points.... I would really like to tell more, but I don't think I can say much without spoiling the series.


Rework by Jason Fried:

Probably the most influential book that I have ever read on being successful in the working world or creating a company. It is presented in a blog like format, so those readers like me with ADHD should actually be able to read it. Not going to be able to do it justice by trying to explain, so I won't even attempt, so go read it. Now.


No comments:

Post a Comment