Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Suck

Motivation for this post comes from this post by Chris Shugart over at T-Nation.

Essentially, The Suck is a Marine Term used to describe going into an undesirable location. In the above post, Chris generalizes The Suck to any situation where someone is putting their nose to the grind, but are yet to see results from that.

Almost anything worth achieving is going to have require going through The Suck:

  • Getting to the gym or starting a new diet.
  • Starting a new career.
  • Getting through college.
  • Getting married/starting a family(Can't speak first hand on this one, just see some of the hell I put my parents through.
The suck is that period of time when you question yourself why you are doing it:
  • Am I going through this lifestyle change because I want to do it for me or for the ladies?
  • Am I putting in these crazy hours because I am driven by my companies mission statement or by the paycheck at the end of the week?
  • Am I studying my ass of to get the degree that will lead to my dream job or so I can get plastered on 1 dollar wells daily?
  • Do I truly want to get married/start a family or am I doing it because that is what I feel society expects of me?
If it is the latter, The Suck will eat you alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment