Thursday, April 10, 2014

Not-So-Urgent Care Clinic

Last weekend, I felt an oncoming sinus infection, and couldn't get into my typical physician, so I was relegated to going to the Urgent Care Clinic. Let's just say my time spent waiting stood in stark contrast to its namesake(on the bright side, that did allow me to get in 2 hours of reading).

Why do we put up with this?

Why do we put up with Comcast?

Why do we put up with jobs we are generally dispassionate about, or, worse, genuinely loathe?

Because, at the time, no viable alternatives exist, or at least appear to exist.

Finding a new job is always a possibility, but the fear of jumping into the unknown causes many to rule it out as an option.

Comcast, on the other hand is definitely giving the appearance that they are fighting claw-and-teeth to remain the only viable option for cable and internet(but what happens when someone rises up to contest them?).

Fortunately, services like MDLive are beginning to pop up, that will allow doctors to swiftly provide elementary diagnoses over the phone, as opposed to the hours and hours of waiting room time spent in Urgent Care Clinics around the world.

Now that I no longer have to wait to talk to a physician, I can return to waiting for my Comcast repairman.

No comments:

Post a Comment