Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Interesting Behavior of Spring Break

First off, I want to apologize to my 2 readers for the long gap between this post as my previous. Both of you already know this, but I was Wifi-less in Florida for Spring Break.

I have never been before, and definitely had a blast... and also witnessed activities that I couldn't believe(for reference, I lived in a Fraternity house, so I have seen some pretty outrageous events).

I heard guys call girls sluts almost by the minute, saw girls live out that name almost as frequently, saw a beautiful beach begin to resemble a landfill, and even saw a guy try to go from the 9th to 10th floor of a condo.... by climbing it on the outside.

Why do I think Spring Break is the perfect breeding ground for this? One of the guys I was staying with ever-so-eloquently said it to a girl, "The best part about this is, I will never have to see you again."

The second face of anonymity is a powerful motivator for bad(albeit, fun) behavior.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymity is a powerful motivator, the internet as a whole is a great example of this. Like you I was a bit disappointed in the behavior of some of our group members. I expected everyone to get a bit crazy but that's not an excuse to treat anyone with anything less that respect. The whole beach landfill thing really got me to, I noticed it on my own however it really hit home when I talked to a local girl. I asked her if she liked living near a popular spring break location, although she enjoyed the party, my heart sank when she pointed out that the spring breakers trash the beach (which is probably an understatement).

    ReplyDelete
  2. perhaps people feel inclined to pack all the wild and crazy for their college and young adult years because it's all downhill once they start paying their own bills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that could be true... I am paying my own bills, and I didn't go anywhere near as hard as others. That, or I am just now an old fart.

      Delete